Chris Fenton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Sun, Mar 22, 1998 at 12:06:45PM -0200:
>         Thought I would get some thoughts from the guru list on favourite
> Rapid Application Development packages with easy to use IDE's. In windows I
> prefer to use Delphi and Jbuilder. Many of my applications are pattern
> matching and database oriented (just to store and sort the rather large
> amount of metadata that is produced). I am just starting to ease into the
> PostGres95 howtos and related information although already I am impressed. A
> number of front end GUIs are listed. In addition a web interface would be
> nice such that other biologists could enter queries through the web instead
> of the old phone/e-mail method.
>        I am a big fan of the KISS principle. Much of my scripts ore one offs
> so I don't want to spend time optimizing. Theory- test - solution or lack
> of, next hypothesis :)

I haven't heard of any RAD tools for Linux, this doesn't strike me as
the Unix way.  If you want to use other people's functions, you know how
to do that, or your own.  RAD tools are for people that want to program
without programming.

--
Scott