>On Sun, Mar 22, 1998 at 05:52:40PM +0000, Gee Gwaltney wrote:
>> I'm looking for rdate or something similar to have the National Standard
>> update the system clock. Would someone point me to where I can find rdate?
>> Thanks in advance.
>
>look for the "nist" rpm.  i think you will find it in contrib
>(nist as in national institute of standards and technology - the
>atomic clock folks. formerly know as national bureau of standards)

I don't know what is part of the "nist" package, but the protocol to go
out over the net to obtain the time is "ntp" (Network Time Protocol) and
it uses the TCP and UDP port 123.

Sure is a great way to keep one's clock on time.

MB
--
System Administrator - Finnigan FT/MS - Madison WI. URL:http://www.ftms.com/
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]