Since the Tape drive on my system is IDE and there is only one,
shouldn't the device name be either /dev/ht0 or /dev/nht0?  I think
that is correct...then, since it is a character device, shouldn't
I be able to do something dumb like:

    echo "dumb" > /dev/nht0

but when I do this, I get the following error:

    /dev/nht0: Input/output error.

What is that?  I get the same error when trying to do anything with
BRU...what am I doing wrong?

Dante

|  _ [EMAIL PROTECTED] - D. Dante Lorenso  | Network Administrator |
| | |__ / o \| '_|/ o_\|  \ |\_ _\/ o \    | Accounting Firms      |
| http://www.afai.com/~dlorenso            | http://www.afai.com/  |