On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Mark McGlone wrote:

> How come so many programs which compile cleanly on other versions of Linux
> seem to have trouble under RedHat 5.0, and what can be done about it?
>
> Mark McGlone
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> --

I make so download libc.5.4.44
unpack compile move libc.so.5.4.44 to
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libc.so.5.44
and update link libc.so.5 -> libc.so.5.44
after that mkdir /usr/i4876-linux-libc5/include
cd /tmp/libc-5.4.44/include
anc copy all files+subdirs to /usr/i486-linux-libc5/include
and finnaly I modify compile flags for each source that i\want to be
compiled with libc5 change or/and add -I/usr/i486-linux-libc5/include/
exampl in CFLAGS directive.
that's all.

bye
ilia ,sysadmin at avko.bg