>And the offending named.forward file ...
>
>cuda.org.       IN SOA  router.cuda.org. root.router.cuda.org.  )
>                        1998072101      ; Serial Number
>                        10800           ; Refresh after 3 hours
>                        3600            ; Retry after 1 hour
>                        3600000         ; Expire after ~ 42 days
>                        259200  )       ; MIN TTL
>; Localhost entry
>localhost       IN      A       127.0.0.1
>
>;Nameserver entry
>router          IN      NS      192.168.1.1<-----------------------
>;local machines                                                          |
>freebsd         IN      A       192.168.1.2                       |
>laptop          IN      A       192.168.1.3                       |
>linux           IN      A       192.168.1.4                       |
>And the question would be, WTF am i overlooking?                  |
>The NS RR is right there ------------------------------------------

Here is an example of my entry.  I hope you have a typing error in yours,
because your first "(" is a ")", i.e., the ( before the start of the
serial number.

@               IN      SOA     bajor.ftms.com. brown.ftms.com. (
                                9806.2201       ;serial yymm.dd[0-9][0-9]
                                10800           ;refresh
                                3600            ;retry
                                172800          ;expire
                                86400 )         ;minimum
                IN      NS      bajor.ftms.com.
                IN      A       209.53.18.82
                IN      MX      0       ftms.com.
www.vidiot.com.         IN      CNAME   vidiot.com.
ftp.vidiot.com.         IN      CNAME   ftms.com.

MB
--
System Administrator - Finnigan FT/MS - Madison WI. URL:http://www.ftms.com/
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]               [Oooohhh, I need a hug]