Hi,

At 01:49 AM 6/23/98 -0400, someone wrote:
>Kevin Seguin wrote:
>>

>> actually, i only have one ethernet card, but i want to use it on two
>> networks.  is this even possible?
>>
>Yes, but surely not in the same time on two _physical_ networks
>:)

Ummm, I have run two different networks on the same hub, and that worked.

I will shortly be called upon to do the same again, in a similar situation
to what he is asking about:

  Internal network is 172.30.0.0/26
  External network will be something like 203.10.189.16/29

The FRAD in each office will have two IP addresses, one on the internal
network number and one on the external network, and one machine will be a
gateway. Chews up lots of IP addresses (4, net num, broadcast, gateway,
FRAD) but it suits us.

I would imagine it is simply a case of using aliasing, ie eth0:1 ...

>Even if it's a combo card (i.e. it has 2 connectors), only one
>can be active at a time.
>I didn't hear about dual port cards.
>It may be more convenient to get a second card and read the
>mentioned howto.
>
>dan
>

>--

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, [EMAIL PROTECTED], NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...