Greetings!

First of all, my sincere thanks go out to the individuals who took the
time to reply back with answers to my last post about my kernel
compilation problem.  I'm afraid though, that the problem I was hoping
that would be resolved by compiling is still persistent and need more
help.

I had installed kernel, kernel-headers and kernel-source (all 2.0.34) and
had compiled it fine now.  But just as I wasn't able to start my X before,
I still can't even after compiling the kernel.  I'm quite sure I included
the correct and all the neccessary options when running menuconfig to be
able to run my X, including support for the "dummy network", and etc.. I
should mention that before upgrading the kernel from 2.0.31, my X started
just fine, but I lost the use of it once I upgraded it to 2.0.34.

When I try to start X, it produces this output:

_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno=111
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error

I checked the permissions on X and the XF86_SVGA and they seem fine.  I'd
really appreciate any help in this matter.

I'm running kernel 2.0.34, XFree86-3.3.2p12-1.i386.rpm (XFree86 was
upgraded befor the kernel was and it ran fine with the old kernel),
XFree86-SVGA-3.3.2p12-1.i386.rpm, XFree86-xwrapper (the latest one in the
~/contrib/hurricane/i386 directory).  I tried to run XF86Setup but I get a
repeated message of the first line of the above error output before
terminating.  I ran xf86config, but it hasn't helped any.  Please help!

With Best,

Steve

** Linux Virus Scan : Scanning...
        Virus Detected--Windoze 95.  Remove it? (Y/y)