JRE is the run time environment. You'll need this if you just want to run
compiled Java program (Java application). No compiler.

SDK is needed if you would like to write your own Java program. So it comes
with the compiler.

Which to download? The SDK includes JRE, but the download size is huge.
If you plan just to run Java application only, download JRE.

Hope it helps,
Andrew...