Javier Gostling wrote:

Not that tough. I have my squid log files rotate on a weekly basis with
compression enabled. For my monthly reports, I just create a big log
file by zcatting the old logfiles and catting the current logfile into a
temporary logfile to be processed.
yup... thought about that as well.. (by the way..i use sarg for the squid processing).. but since i'am going to do daily, weekly and monthly reports...including squidguard... i would have to do more scripting than for the lock file solution :)

i thought abouth touching /var/lock/subsys/whatever while the reporting tool is running.
and to not execute logrotate if that file exists for that day!
I would rather have logrotate sleep until the lock goes away. That way
you jusr delay log rotation instead of making it go away completely.
what do you mean with sleep ? something like a do while loop checking if the file still exists...??

is there no better solution?
Can you do partial data collection on a more frequent basis? Perhaps
weekly? That way your processing time should be drastically reduced.
i already do that actualy :) i do daily reports, separate weekly and separate monthly reports :)

cheers Marcel