On Thursday, Dec 26, 2002, at 06:08AM, Christopher Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I installed RH 8.0 w/o a hitch. During bootup, the system hangs after the 'freeing
>memory..' line. Why?
>AMD 700, TNT2 VC, IBM deskstar 20G drive. Nothing out of the ordinary. I did have
>SuSe 6.4 loaded (and running) w/o a problem. Any help would be appreciated.
>Thanks-
>--
>Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
>http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>
>Meet Singles
>http://corp.mail.com/lavalife

    Possibly a module loading/unloading problem.  Try booting it without a NIC or
soundcard and see if it makes it past this point.  LILO or GRUB should give you an
option to boot without loading any modules.  I don't remember the command line options
to do this right now and I'm not at my machine to check.

Ian P. Thomas