Dear List

I am runing Redhat 7 and I am trying to get my NIS working.  I have tested
the installation by running ypcat passwd.byuid and all I get is the passwd
file from /etc/passwd and that is fine.  My problem is if I have a file with
10 entries in /var/yp/passwd in the same format as the /etc/passwd file.
When I run make and then the command ypcat passwd.byuid, I seam to get the
same as before the enties in /etc/passwd and not the enties in the
/var/yp/passwd.  I am running all the 4 demons.

How can I get it working with the merged of the two file?

Thank you for your help

Gordon Stewart