> Why is that?

        I can't speak for Verizon, or anyone else for that matter. What
I can say is that our experience here is that we whipped up the ability
to provide virtual POP accounts about 6 months ago and doing so saved us
a considerable amount of time, our users are happy as we can provide
them with all the POP accounts they want, and management of the accounts
is much easier than it was. While our solution works, it's just a simple
hack which is now starting to show it's limitations and we'd very much
like to improve upon it which is why I followed this thread and threw my
two cents in.

        That's our experience. Your mileage may very.

        Brent Sims