CM Miller wrote:

I've installed openssh from tgz under
/usr/loca/share/openssh and I want to have ./sshd
start automatically if I have to reboot my box.
I've tried to create an alias and place it under
/etc/xinetd.d. Is this right? Where do I want to
place the alias?
My runlevel starts up at 3, if that makes any
difference.
Personally, I would create an /etc/init.d/sshd script, and link it to /etc/rc3.d. However, you can also put a call to your sshd in /etc/rc.d/rc.local and the system will start it up for you upon restart. Not the most elegant way, but it works.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> . 303.442.6410 x130