On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 04:43:31PM -0500, Bill Johnson wrote:
> I found a post on that indicated I might have an IRQ conflict, so I set IRQ to
> 0 using setserial, and problem is resolved.  The post also indicated this is
> not a good solution, however.  Any thoughts on this?  Is there any harm in
> leaving /dev/ttyS2 with IRQ=0?  I use the port only for this pilot hotsync
> cradle.

You understand, I hope, that setserial does not alter the properties
of the serial port hardware. If the hardware is configured for IRQ3
or IRQ<whatever>, it will STILL be so-configured after you run setserial.

The purpose in setserial is to tell the OS about the actual settings
of the hardware. So if your serial port is config'd to IRQ3 (say), and
you tell the OS it's some other value (with setserial) then I'd expect
potential "bad things" to happen when the port raises its actual IRQ line.

--
---- Fred Smith -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------ ----
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?