Some weeks ago I did a graphical install of RH 8.0. I remember that when I came time to select resolutions and such for X, none of the combinations I tried brought me up a working X screen. The system I am using is an old Gateway E-1000 w/ a S3 Trio onboard video chip. I've attached XFree86.1.log.
What driver does X use during the graphical installation as it was able to display graphics? I may just set my XF86Config file to use that driver instead until I have the cash to purchase a better video card.

Ian P. Thomas

be your own hero

-me-