Type "Xconfigurator" at the command prompt and follow the steps. Usually works.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 1:42 PM
Subject: Need Xwindows to boot

I was installing RH 7.3 onto a fresh system and all went well until I got to the last screen, and tried to select screen resolution, and clicked on the 'test' button.  I looked a several resolutions, and selected 800x600 and clicked for a final test.  The screen went blank and never came back.   I rebooted the system and it came up fine in text mode.  I tried to get an X window by entering 'startx', but I got errors, and a message that said  'Fatal server error: no screens found'.  It appears that the Xwindow setup never completed.  How can I finish and activate the Xwindows from text mode????

Thanks,
bdavis