Jeff Graves said:
> Just purchased a corporate license of Sophos AV with MailMonitor for my
> linux mail server. I got to reading the info about installing the
> MailMonitor program and it seems that it actually acts as a SMTP
> server. I would rather let sendmail answer on port 25 and have it pass
> messages to the sophos AV client (or maybe even have procmail pass it to
> the sophos client). Does anyone know of a client/sever pair (like the
> spamd daemon of spamassassin) I can use with the sophos AV? I
> heard of MailScanner but haven't looked into it...is this a
> possibility?

amavis can do this. It ties into recent versions of sendmail via
milter, or postfix by using postfix's filter methods. It works quite well
with sophos, infact a sophos sales guy turned me onto amavis more then 2 years
ago and I've been using it ever since.

amavis is available @ http://amavis.org/

theres a good mailing list for amavis on that site as well, last time I
was subscribed there was a lot of knowledgable and helpful people.

nate