Sorry, this must be a FAW, but I don't know how to phrase it.  I've taken a look
through recent stuff without finding anything which might give me a lead.

We're testing RedHat 8.0 as an alternative to Windows but none of us is familiar with
Linux.  We're primarily a Solaris shop with some FreeBSD and OpenBSD experience.

Our test machine is fine except that it 'dies' after about 30 minutes of non-use.  We
can't telnet to the machine, we can't ssh to it, we can't ftp to it, or anything else
until we connect to the machine again and press a key.  This machine is coupled to a
kcm switch in case that has anything to do with it.

At the moment, we've not begun testing the machine; we are still loading or installing
software onto it.  Presumably there is some setting but we haven't found it yet.  We
tried power-saving, but that is obviously not it.  We've looked under keyboard and
mouse.  I think we've got the keyboard repeating now, but I'm not sure.

Any clues about how to keep the machine 'alive' and turn off this 'dead' behaviour or
a pointer to a url very welcome.

Thank you.

James