Details on how to get remote root access via CUPS is detailed on iDEFENSE
at http://www.idefense.com/advisory/12.19.02.txt  (notice the date)

The RH provided cups-1.1.15-10 is problematic but cups-1.1.17-4 from
Rawhide is not.  But having to keep track of Rawhide for security issues
that could result in a root compromise defeats one of the key advantages
to paying for RHN.

I have no problem with non-default packages recieving secondary support
when it is clearly indicated that they are not part of the standard OS.
For example, I understood clearly that the RH would address UofW IMAP
daemon issues more timely than issues with the Cyrus IMAP daemon.  The
distinction was clear, one was installed off of the RH OS CD and the other
was installed off of Powertools.  I'm perfectly fine with the
understanding the I take on more responisblity when installing from
Powertools.  This game non-default "support" for packages on the same RH
OS CDs leads to the obvious question, what will get fast turn around on
RHN and what will RH use the non-default excuse for.