Hi,

> There are bugs in everything, and I'm sure that RH 8.0 has bugs in it's
> apache and php.
> However I haven't heard anything about it, so it must not be a major
> problem for just learning how to write php stuff.

The 'bug' in the PHP and Apache versions that come with RH 8.0 is that the
Apache2 support in PHP is still very experimental. Most noticable is that
you can't use php_value, php_flag, php_admin_value and php_admin_flag in
your httpd.conf. The bundled PHP version does not support it. This is very
annoying, but you can expect things like this when the manual says:
"Warning: Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in a production environment neither
on Unix nor on Windows."

PHP 4.3 is already a lot better, but still experimental. The same warning
applies.

I like it that RedHat is pushing the newest technology in the 8.0 release
because it will very probably get the software to production quality faster,
but I wouldn't build a production server on it :)

Good luck,
Sander.