On 06-Jan-2003/10:28 +0800, Patrick Law <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I got one winNT domain controller. I have setup a samba server. I want to
>make to samba server authenticate base on username and password available on
>winNT. How do I do that.

In smb.conf, set "security = server" and "password server = name_of_pdc".
Samba will transparently authenticate to the PDC and you will not need to
manage passwords on the Linux box. You will still need to create and
delete accounts and manage group membership.

>Is there a way to copy all the user password from winNT pc? How?

You really do not want to do that. It would require the users (or you) to
update passwords on the Linux box whenever they change on the NT Domain.
That is a pain.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D