I recently setup a wireless network in my home.  I purchased a linksys
router(BEFW11S4) and
several linksys PCI (Version 2.7 WMP11) ethernet cards.

Much to my regret... The 2.7 version is not supported (uses the BROADCOMM chips) while
the earlier 2.6 was supported (used the PRISM chipset).

For two of the three linksys cards that is no problem (my son and daughter use win
98SE and
Win XP).  For me, that is a problem, I use Win 98SE and RH 6.2 and 8.0...

I wanted to get the networking going on the Linux side, but so far have had zero
results finding
any support from linksys or Broadcomm.   The Win 98SE side is working, but my desire
is to
get linux talking to the net...

I had orignally used a modem and PPP and had linux on the net, but now am trying to
switch
over to the cable modem...

Question 1:  Does anyone know of a PCI wireless ethernet card that is supported?  All
I find
are PCMCIA adapters which would mean buying 2 cards.  I am looking for something like
the
linksys WMP11 equivalent...  This is for a desktop, not a laptop!

Question 2: What would you suggest for a wireless network?

Question 3: Are there any programs that will read the wireless signal stregth, and
other info
like under win 98?

Thanks!

Tony Preston