Remo Mattei said:
> I am trying to get ldap going on my box, I have downloaded berkeleyDB
> complied since my OpenLDAP did not not recognize my bdb option. I have
> retry once, again after I check the berkeleyDB but no luck still says
> unrecognize database bdb.
> So if someone has OpenLDAP working I would love to get this going, it's
> just driving my crazy.......
>
> I would like to create a addressbook for my office windoz clients.

While I haven't used redhat 8 .. redhat 7.3 has a perfectly usable openldap
2.0.23 server. I have my HOWTO here(more debian then redhat related but
it should get you through).

http://howto.aphroland.org/HOWTO/LDAP

the LDAP schema in redhat is quite a bit different. I haven't looked at
what is different or why(perhaps just different names). So I just overrode
it's config with my own(was in a rush to get it up).

nate