For what it's worth,

I picked up Building Secure Servers with Linux (BAUER --O'Reilly press).

It suggested among other things http://www.bastille-linux.org/ which
offers some perl scripts...

        Bastille Linux has been designed to educate the installing
        administrator about the security issues involved in each of the
        script's tasks, thereby securing both the box and the
        administrator. Each step is optional and contains a description
        of the security issues involved.

I guess you can skip the explanations if you wish.  Haven't used it yet
myself as I'm in a developement environment now and don't go beyond
localhost.

--
shawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>