All;
I have an interesting challenge. Some speculation will be required to solve this one!

The situation:

Linux Server sitting in Seattle, I'm in Florida.
The Linux Server crashed due to a power failure (I know, it needs a UPS). When the server came back up, it came up, sans sshd. So I cannot get on it to check it out. I also cannot get on to diagnose the problem with sshd, because ssh is my only access (kinda a catch-22 isn't it?).

Further complicating it: I Have no one on site, that knows spit about computers, that can help. The best that can be offered is a pair of fingers, that are extremely computer illerate.

Somehow, I need to diagnose the problem, and find a way to fix it.
Any suggestions will be greatfully accepted.

Any "guesses" on what would be snagging up sshd? All I know is that it failes to start, both on boot, and via "service sshd start". I don't know what's in the logs, I can't get to them.

I know this is vague, but it's all I have to go on at the moment.

Any suggestions, speculations, "WAGs" will be very greatfully accepted!

Thank you!

Ric