Michael Fratoni wrote:

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 06:55 am, anthony caskey wrote:

Because of this, my Mozilla bookmarks in my user account are quite
extensive, but my bookmarks in my root account are few in number. How
can I transfer my bookmarks from my user account to my root account so
I don't have to reinvent the wheel in two accounts?

As root:
copy /home/user/.mozilla/default/*/bookmarks.html to
/root/.mozilla/root/*/bookmarks.html

You'd do much better to create a symlink so that when root opens the bookmarks file, it gets yours instead.

ln -s ~you/foo/bar/bookmarks.html ~root/foo/bar/bookmarks.html

Make sure to test how Mozilla behaves when you add a new bookmark as root. It is likely to do something in the code like this command line sequence:

cat bookmarks_in_memory > ~/root/foo/bar/bookmarks.html.new
mv ~root/foo/bar/bookmarks.html ~root/foo/bar/bookmarks.html.old # renaming the symlink
mv ~root/foo/bar/bookmarks.html.new ~root/foo/bar/bookmarks.html

This is a technique frequently used for safely writing files and not losing data when a disk fills up, but it doesn't interact well with symlnk that people put in by hand. :-)

Alan
--
Alan Peery