Wondering about finding a router (hardware) installed between the linux box and the internet interface?

Right now I have my Linux machine looking at sending everything out my eth0 port. Will that change with one of these hardware routers??

At 10:52 AM 1/7/03 -0500, you wrote:
On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 08:52, gihas wrote:
> Hai,
> I install linux in a p1 system.In that there is know network card
> while installing time.At present i put new network card, how I can
> install the driver and configure that network card.
> Regards gihas

        At the command prompt, do

dmesg | more

and see if you can't find your network card listed among the many other
devices that will show up.  What type of card is it?  Some will show up
listed by chipset, rather then by card name.  Also, if only one network
card is installed on the machine,

ifconfig -a

should show it listed as eth0.

Ian P. Thomas