I have recently created my own version of Advanced Server 2.1 using the
SRPMS that Red Hat have made available and intend on using it on a few
dozen servers.

I have noticed that so far this year, 8 security packages for AS 2.1 have
been released, but none of the SRPMS have yet appeared on updates.redhat.com.

The SRPMS for these packages are available for RHL 6.2 - 8.0 but not AS 2.1.

Does Red Hat usually withhold AS 2.1 SRPMS, so as to force people into
paying for a subscription or otherwise have to wait days or weeks for the
SRPMS to security fixes?

If so, I guess I'll have to purchase one subscription just to get the
SRPMS from RHN, which I then have it automatically build the RPM and
distributed to my other servers.

-Roger