On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 02:47:01PM +0800, ??? wrote:

> hello!!
>     can you help me??
>
>     my program need many thread, they will not exit never. but redhat
> linux7.3 - linux8.0 only create 256 thread!! how can I do??
>                                 thanks!!
>

> can't use fork to create process,because all processes must share the memory!!

I refer you to the newsgroup: comp.programming.threads
You can find it at groups.google.com.

Your question is one that is often asked, and the answer tends to
nearly always be: "If your program depends on creating thousands of
threads, then your program is not properly designed." The experts
there will urge you to re-think your design and use a "thread pool"
where a smaller pool of threads are assigned jobs to do in a
round-robin manner.
--
---- Fred Smith -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------ ----
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?