| Hello everybody,
| I looking for some help about 2 different problems.
| I'm trying to install a DSL modem with an USB interface, the
| problem is that it gets power from USB port but I can't get it
| to power up. I never used any USB device before, so I'm only
| guessing how to get it work...

Does it require a powered hub (i.e. main bus has too much power draw)?

- -Rick
- --
Rick Johnson, RHCE - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Linux/WAN Administrator - Medata, Inc.

Well, first of all thanks for your attention Rick. It's the only device attached
to my USB bus and it's attached directly to one of my 2 USB ports, so it
shouldn't be a too much power draw problem. I tryed to boot a disk with
a Win98 and at boot the modem powers up... It seems like USB drivers
(usb-ohci) don't give power to devices attached to USB bus, even when
probing for new hardware I can't see the power led of my modem to lit.
I've tryed this modem on another pc with RH 8.0 and the problem is the
same (I've installed linux with modem attached to USB ports, but never
get the power ligth to turn on). I'm starting to believe there's something
wrong with usb-ohci drivers but I don't have any other USB chipset to try
different drivers.
Thanks
Tiziano