<insert rant here>

I've downloaded RH 8.0 ISOs images from Linux ISO,
burned them, and then tested them. All was well.

My LUG, OLUG had its installfest yesterday and after I
finished helping a few folks with their systems, I
decided to upgrade mine.

First, I used the iso that I burned in the gui mode.
It keeps timing out on the when installing the GCC
libs. Ok, so I try text mode. Same story. Then I tried
usign Apt-Get Dist-Install command and that seemed to
work, but there were too many dependencies issues.

So I wiped out what I had after backing up all of the
important stuff and tried fresh. Same problem, timing
out when installing the GCC libs.

So, I whipped out the ISOs for Mandrake 9.0 that was
the main install for our installfest and that sucker
installed in less than 10 minutes.

So why did Red Hat fail so bad and Mandrake win with
the greatest of easy when it came to the install? If
others are having as much problems as me, and I'm
really not much of a newbie right now, Redhat is going
to lose way more ground.

Also, a guy brought in a Knoppix
and that kicks ass. A great way to get more people
interested in Linux without having to install.

BTW, even as I write this, I am downloading the ISOs
for Debian. I figured what the hell, I am ready to
move on.

</end rant here>

=====
"People without goals get used by those who have goals" - Unknown