I just setup a Redhat 7 webserver (I know that's an old version but I have another reason for using it) over the weekend and am having trouble getting the system to maintain a configuration for a Netgear FA311 NIC between boots.

Using a Netgear supplied module driver I added the fa31x.o file to the /lib/modules/2.2.xx/net/ directory, and then ran the command "insmod fa31x link_speed=0", which activated the NIC. I then assigned an IP, netmask, gateway, and DNS server using "netconfig".

I also added the line "options fa31x link_speed=0" to /etc/modules.conf.

Everything worked fine until a reboot, then all information had to be manually added again; the insmod command had to be run again, and an IP address had to be assigned to the interface, etc etc. The config information won't last between system reboots.

The Netgear driver also included a "fa31x.h" and "fa31x.c" file, but didn't give any instructions what to do with them; possibly I'm leaving a step out that involves these files?

Or, something else?

pg