I have the following setup ...

My linux box with 2 network cards connects to the outside world over cable modem, and acts as a gateway for my internal network.

Currently all my home computers have static ip (except the NIC that connects to my ISP, which talks dhcp), and I have copied over the name server information from /etc/resolv.conf of the linux gateway to each of them manually.

What I'd like to know is whether I can run a dhcp server on my internal network such that it does not interfere with the dhcp server from my ISP, and such that the network card on the linux gateway that is connected to the cable provider uses their (ISP's) dhcp server, while the network card that is connected to the internal network uses my internal dhcp server.

Thanks.
- Chinmay.