Hi everybody,
I am running an application as a daemon.
This need to keep running in the background. I started this
through a shell script after setting up the environmental variables there.
The application is running just fine till I am keeping the session open.
But as soon as I close the session, the application gets killed.
I tried a lots of permutations --running as different user( even troot user),
different environment settings,
starting from the console etc ..and using nohup command too, but to no
advantage.

I am connecting to the server through a SSH connection from my desktop.
And to start the server I fire it like the following:
#nohup ./startserver.sh &

Can anybody help there.
Here is the output of ps -ef |grep .. command:

root  5890  5883  0 11:56:04 pts/5    0:23 /usr/j2se/bin/..

I feel that the entry "pts5" is the culprit. the process is getting attatched to
this tele-terminal and hence
getting killed as soon as I close my window.

REgds,
RCP