Shannon,
    Microsoft has not told anybody how NTFS works, all the Linux support has been dereenigne.  Sort of like how we get Samba.  Seems as though a file is more difficult to figure out than a network protocol.  If you *need* NIX to read from a Windows box, use FAT...otherwise buy headache medicine.

/B

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 20:47
Subject: Re: Screwed up boot sector (solution and more questions)

I believe that NTFS write support is considered dangerous due to the potential for data corruption.  I imagine this is particularly true if you use file encryption is WinXP.  If I am off base here, hopefully someone will correct me ;)

Shannon Neumann
Neumannweb Computers
www.neumannweb.net

1) Is Linux now capable of reliably reading *and* writing NTFS partitions? I
want
    to switch my WinXP from FAT32 to NTFS while being able to access it from
    Linux in case evil comes around yet again.