> I am getting a lot of great info on mail scanner and am now ready to
> take  the plunge. I just have two questions. Assume I am installing the
> following: Mailscanner, F-prot, Spam assassin, and Razor. Does the order
> of  install matter? Since I am installing on the actual mail server,
> what steps  should I take so I can quickly get sendmail running again if
> something goes  wrong?
>
> BTW This will be running on Redhat 6.2.
>
> Thanks to everyone who participates in this list. I have learned a ton
> in  just the 2 weeks I have subscribed.

It doesn't matter from a technical point of view which order you install
those packages in.  However, if you put in MailScanner first you will have
to keep going back and changing its config file to tell it to use the
other packages as you install them and restarting it each time.

I personally would install spamassassin first and make sure it's working.
I would then put in razor and double check that spamassassin is using it
(should happen automatically).  Install F-Prot and then MailScanner.
MailScanner calls F-Prot.

You will need to edit MailScanner.conf to tell it use F-Prot and
spamassassin.  As I said before, spamassassin will automatically use razor
if available.

Remember that spamassassin only flags messages as spam when they exceed
the threshold (default is 5).  You need to add a procmail recipe to do
what you want if screening at the server or leave it to your users to
screen them out using their mail client.

Gerry