Subsequent to upgrading my RH7.2 system to RH8.0, the majority of attempts to
build RPM packages from source fail with errors like this one from
posgresql-7.3.1

RPM build errors:
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/doc/postgresql/contrib/README.apachelog
   /usr/share/doc/postgresql/contrib/README.array_iterator
   /usr/share/doc/postgresql/contrib/README.btree_gist
   [...]

Exactly which files varies from package to package.  E.g., for GnuCash 1.7.7,
it
was /usr/info/dir.

I have had one suggestion from the GnuCash people that the problem is a bad
install of RH8.0 and that I need to do a clean install of the O/S; something I
am *extremely* reluctant to do.

Any suggestions on why I might be having this problem?  Could it be an
rpm configuration problem?  I've been building from my home directory
with a ~/.rpmmacros file that contains this:

    %_topdir    /home/roland/tmp/rpm

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            6818 Madeline Court