At my company we are in the process of deploying some Linux workstations
to replace some SGI machines.  The majority of these machines will be on
ATM (using Fore PCA & HE cards), and for the longest time I was believing
that this was something related to the ATM networking.

However, this morning I observed a Linux machine on ethernet causing this.

At any rate, here's what I am seeing:

If a Linux machine is rebooted after having been up for a few days or
booted for the first time, the SGI machines will log the following message
to their SYSLOGs:

WARNING: ARP: got MAC address on el for BCAST IP address 0.0.0.0

The SGI's are the only machines that log this (other Linux machines don't
log anything and neither do our Sun machines).  All of our machines have
static IP addresses.

Has anyone seen this?

-Steve