On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 04:39:44PM -0700, Joe Giles wrote:

> So what you are saying is that Rawhide software is Unfinished software.

The usability of the software in Rawhide varies greatly.
It will range from quite stable (just before a new distribution is
released) to uncompilable (just after the release of a new gcc,
gnome, kde and/or glibc).

> So we should avoid software from this "Rawhide" category?

Unless you like living on the edge or you really, really need
the latest version of a particular package, it's probably
best to avoid using these.

In any case, Red Hat doesn't support them. If it breaks, you
get to keep both pieces.

Emmanuel