On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 12:43, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, John Horne wrote:
>
> > The problem I am having is configuring the server to do this. Although
> > both nic's are detected by linux, netstat shows only one gateway for one
> > nic. The other nic does not appear in netstat at all. If I configure the
>
> This is proper behavior. You can't have two default gateways to the same
> network. Check out the Linux-HA project for some scripts that will let you
> perform NIC failover, though.
>
> On the other hand, if they belong to separate VLANs, you can use a routing
> protocol to load-balance across them and to modify the default route if
> one of them goes down. Good luck!
>
> --
> "Of course I'm in shape! Round's a shape, isn't it?"

You can have two default routes, with the linux Policy routing - ship;s
stock w/ almost all distro's, and works pretty damn effectivly.

http://lartc.org/howto/

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

You will have to use policy routing, and it is not a simple matter of
setting static routes.   I have the Multiple Provider example because I
have two DSAL providers, and I have policy routing enabled to allow
connections from either, and the connections [of course] must remain on
the circuit/ip that the connection arrives on.

--
VB programmers ask why no one takes them seriously,
it's somewhat akin to a McDonalds manager asking employees