I am still working on my (temporary) pseudo-multihoming.

I want to use both my new and old DSL connections at the same time
until I get all my DNS stuff pointing to the new one, am sure the new
one works, etc.  And, I want to use this opportunity to understand
this bit of networking.  (Always learning.)

My recent problem was, that though I could see connections coming in
from either DSL, the responses were all going out the single default
route.  The solution I thought I had found was to add a second default
route, but that was a mistake.  It now won and no responses would go
out the first connection.

So now I am thinking that I need two distinct routes (one to each
DSL), a default to one, and a couple of well crafted "ip rule add ..."
lines to say "respond out the wire the request came in on", but I
don't yet know what those rules would be.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

-kb, the Kent who has some ideas for new Google searches, and who will
be continuing to try to understand
/usr/share/doc/iproute-2.4.7/ip-cref.ps, specifically the section
starting on page 35.