On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 15:16, Burke, Thomas G. wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
>       I'd leike to set up a directory such that anytime a file is written
> to that directory, it is created chmod 777, regardless of who creates
> it, or how it is created.  Anyone know how to do this?

Tom -

can't happen that way.  the umask of the user creating the dir is
responsible for the perms it gets.  You can create the parrent dir with
a setgid bit set that will keep the group ownership the same.  I suppose
you could create a groupl and add all uses to it so that they have at
least group access to it.

Bret