Hi all,

Roger:

> This is the procedure I used to build my own version of Advanced Server
> from the SRPMS.  I would be interested to know what potential problems can
> be encountered and the difference between the end result and the actual AS2.1
> from RH.

and how about this:

creating new rpms should be done for RH 7.3 with an already installed RH
7.3 ... So i dont need CDRoms, simply refreshing is my Point

so i should download all the SRPMS and begin to start the hole recompile
Process. But since this is only required for my Server (Without X) iam
looking for a Way to compile only the required Packages. Dont you ?

Ipmortant Questions might be:

1. What about an interrupt during the rpmbuild --rebuild, restarts it at
the beginning ?

2. The new comiled binary rpms has the exactly same Name as the already
installed RPMS. So an rpm -Fvah doesnt the Trick ... which one do it ?

3. and last. If every thing gone compiled, can i simply with the asked
Command install/replace the already installed RPMS without any Trouble ?

Thankx and
Regards
Frank