I don't know anything about the GUI you're using, but I would suggest running: /etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd start

You can permenantly turn it on by running "setup" from the command line, then going to "System Services" and checking it off. Or by running "chkconfig --add xinetd".

John Salamone wrote:
Hi,

Every time I try to start certain services (telnet,echo) via the GUI after
check marking the box and highlighting the
service I get the following message "You must enable xinetd to use this
service" ? How do I do this? I appreciate your help.

--

Ryan Babchishin
System Administrator - x135

ePALS Classroom Exchange
Ph: 613.562.9847
Fax: 613.562.4768
http://www.epals.com/
The world's largest online classroom community -
connecting more than 4.5 million students and educators in 191 countries!