Has anyone found a cause and a solution to this problem?   I've searched
the list archives, and deja-news, and the only possible solution I found
did not work for me (shuffling around entries in /etc/ld.so.conf and
running /sbin/ldconfig).

I'm not sure when this started, but I don't think it's been that long
ago.  I've tried to keep with the latest RH5 upgrades, and probably
caused the problem there.

I'm also thinking, that this may be related to my problems with both KDE
B3 and StarOffice 4...both have fits immediately after startup.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-john