Still no ideas on this?  I can't build
perl as it complains there is no posix
support in Redhat 8.0 and after 3 days
of searching I can't find squat about
how to build perl from SRPMS without
db support...  this is about equivalent
to working with M$ at this rate.

Bill Dossett wrote:
tried that and for it complains that libposix isn't
found and indeed it isn't on redhat 8.0 in the same
form.

thanks

bill

Nick Lindsell wrote:

At 15:41 24/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:

Hi,

I've got an application server down at the moment, hence
the urgent... hope this is simple but I need to build
perl without db support.  I'm trying to build from
the SRPM but I don't know how to operate the SPECS file
very well yet, can anyone tell me what I have to modify
in perl.spec to get it to build without db support?
I kinda assumed that there would be a -ldb line in there
somewhere, but there isn't and I can't find anything like
it and as the symbols confilct with sybperl which I need
for client access to sybase, I need to drop it from the
perl binary.  I'm uusing rh8.0 for this.

Thanks

If it's really, really urgent why not just build Perl the old way - from
the tarball downloaded from http://www.perl.com.

hih
nick@nexnix

Bill