Hello All,

        I have a script that I need to run at startup that will wait for a
significant amount of time and then execute on the servers.

        Basically, I need both servers to run this script at boot and mount up
drives on the other server, in cases of power outages. What I am thinking
about doing is putting a line into the rc.sysinit file at the end of the
file that will run the script and put it into the background.

        The script would then wait about 5 minutes, which is a little longer
then it takes for the servers to reboot, then it will attempt to mount
the NFS share on the other server. After that, it will attempt to list
the contents, if it receives '0' then it will rerun, waiting another 5
minutes or so (perhaps adding up a counter and logging the attempts each
time, with a date stamp) until it fails at least 3 or 4 times. After that
point, the script will E-mail the admin and exit.

        Basically, what I am asking is whether or not this is a good place to
put the launching of this script?

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer