Sudhakar said:
> Hi,
> I'd appreciate if someone can point me to a link or resource which a
> detailed explanation on Oops analysis for Redhat Linux.

trying to decode an oops won't do you much good unless you understand
linux kernel internals. even less useful if you aren't a good
programmer(which I am not).

Your best bet is to post the entire oops to a mailing list(such as this
one), maybe someone has seen it before. or paste part of it into google
and see what comes up.

The most common oops' I've seen are due to bad memory. If your having
trouble capturing the oops, configure your system for a serial console,
and use a null modem cable connected to another machine with a terminal
emulator which logs to a file, so you can get the oops.

tracing the source of the oops sometimes can be very difficult, last time
I had to trace one it took about 7 hours of constant testing, and
it turned out to be questionable memory(the same memory had been in
other systems for more then 2 years w/o noticable issues).

nate