Michael Schwendt wrote:

I need only to be able to add the data=writeback option to the fstab.

Feel free to add it there, then reboot because you cannot
change the journaling mode with remounting.

Actually as I remember just adding the writeback option is really bad. I seem to remember that the remount of / as rw fails. With 8.0 (maybe earlier) mkinitrd is smart enough to read the fstab for the options you use to mount /.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.