>I did see similar postings a few weeks ago on this list.
>If any of you have already resolved the problem I'd appreciate any help.
>
>I have a parallel port ZIP Plus disk and it RH 5.0 can't see it.
>Printer support is modular. I get the following messages
>
>PPA: unable to initialise controller at 0x378, error 2
>scsi0: SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
>scsi: 1 host
>scsi: detected total
>
>- I don't remember my gcc version but pretty sure it's not 2.8.1
>- i've tried modprobe and insmod separately as well, but won't work.
>-Deep

In order to use a parallel port Zip drive and a parallel port printer,
you need to add another parallel port.  Otherwise you have to uninstall the
lp module and install the ppa module and vice-versa.

You do not want to use th ppa driver that comes with 5.0.  You want the
replacement from:

        http://www.torque.net/~campbell/

Put in the second parallel port and use it for the printer and the main
motherboard printer port for the Zip drive.

If you can't do that, get an IDE Zip drive and install it (if you have an
IDE cable slot left).  The drive is much faster and is < $100.

I used to have the parallel port version, but changed over this weekend and
got it working yesterday.

MB
--
System Administrator - Finnigan FT/MS - Madison WI. URL:http://www.ftms.com/
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]               [Oooohhh, I need a hug]